Swindon’s Famous Duck and Family Day Out – Stall/Pitch holder application form
Date: Monday 28 May 2018. Pitch size: 3.66 metres x 4.57 metres (12ft x 15ft)
Stall/Pitch Terms and Conditions For Swindon’s Famous Duck Race and Family Day held on the late May Bank Holiday at Westcott Recreation Ground Swindon.
Organisers: The Rotary Club of Swindon Old Town.
- The Event Organisers take no responsibility for damage, loss or theft of property.
- The Event organisers reserve the right to change the date and or operating times.
- The Event organisers reserve the right to determine and direct site allocation. The stall/pitch holders preferences will be taken into consideration where possible but the Event Organisers decision is final.
- The stall/pitch holder is responsible for the erection of their stall and for providing their own weatherproof awning, covers, electricity supply and any equipment including tables and chairs, required for use in their stall or pitch.
- The stall/pitch holder must operate within the boundary of their allocated space.
- Stall/pitch holders are expected to take reasonable precautions for their own safety. The mobile number of a First Aider should be obtained on arrival.
- Stall/pitch holders must take all steps to keep the site around their pitch free from litter and waste. All litter and waste must be removed from the stall/pitch are and any ground damage made good before leaving.
- Vehicles are allowed on to the field from 8am for unloading, one vehicle per stall/pitch at any one time. There will be no movement of vehicles on or off the field between 10.30 am and 4.30pm,except in an emergency.
- No permission has been sought or granted for music to be played from any stall or pitch. PRS licences held by stall holders are valid on the field.
- Stall/pitch holders are not permitted to display any advertising boards or promotional materials without the appropriate consent of Swindon Borough Council.
- The sale of alcoholic drinks is not permitted by any stall/pitch holder or from any stall or pitch.
- All drinks to be consumed on the field must be served in plastic or paper cups. No glass bottles, glasses are allowed on the field.
The Rotary Club of Swindon Old Town holds public liability insurance through Rotary International Britain and Ireland, (RIBI) This covers any risks for those attending and taking part in the Duck Race but does NOT cover for accidents or damage that may happen as a result of members of the public participating in an activity being run by an individual stall/pitch holder. If you may be in this postion you will be responsible for producing a risk assessment and arranging your own insurance. Please bring the documents with you on the day.